Whether you were a first time attendee or a “third-timer” to our statewide event,
Setting the PACE 2016: Change | Challenge | Opportunity had something for everyone!
You’ll hear from national experts and North Carolina leaders at our plenary sessions, designed to educate, excite and energize you to embrace CHANGE, face CHALLENGE and seize OPPORTUNITY.
- Learn about North Carolina’s changing Medicaid landscape and how PACE fits into it from Rick Brajer, Secretary of the North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services.
- Get the latest scoop on what’s happening at the national level from Shawn Bloom, Executive Director of National PACE Association.
- Tom Reiter and Justin Lewis will tell you how Rocky Mountain PACE in Colorado Springs met the challenge of growth, improved the bottom line, and enhanced participant satisfaction by embracing “LEAN” principles.
Educational and Informative Workshops
You'll have your choice of over 20 concurrent workshops, featuring in-depth looks at topics of interest, panel discussions, presentations and insight from local, regional and national colleagues, interactive peer learning and recent research. Read the workshop descriptions here.
Behavioral Activation Chronic Disease Management Successful Audits Customer Service Successful Communication Onboarding Spiritual Needs Getting Paid Models of Health Care Exercise Dementia/Alzheimer's Care Planning Infection Control End of Life Teamwork Quality Health Care Coaching Enrollment & Growth Newcomer Welcome Psychotropic Prevention Facilitation
Visit our 30+ Partners and exhibitors and chat with your fellow registrants during the networking time built in between sessions.
Don’t miss our Thursday’s evening Happy Hour reception - enjoy heavy hors d'oeuvres, a cash bar and live music from one of our very own PACE staff members as you relax, unwind and continue the conversations! One complimentary drink ticket provided.
NEW This Year!
- Roundtable networking discussions organized around a specific discipline or topic to facilitate dialogue. It's a great opportunity to discuss what matters most to you!
- OPPORTUNITY to visit one of two local PACE programs. Senior CommUnity Care of North Carolina in Durham (**sold out**) and Piedmont Health SeniorCare in Pittsboro will host conference registrants for a site tour and Q&A. While you are in town, it's a great way to see another PACE program in person. Transportation is available to and from the hotel, or drive yourself and then head for home. Spaces are limited, and you must sign up when you register for the conference. The registration fee includes the cost of the tour!